Monday, April 20, 2009

The Met

The weather in NYC has been superb lately! Over the weekend we had 70 degree sunshine and I went to the upper east side with a friend and spent several hours in the Met. I think that when most people visit the Met they just straight to the Impressionist paintings. Or straight to the Modernist works. I spent several hours hanging out with the Greek and Roman sculpture It was incredible. I mean, the way the Met works you sort of have to walk through the sculptures but no one ever actually really sees them.

I took several Greek art classes in college and it has really helped me understand the evolution of art. And to see these masterpieces right in my backyard is just incredible. 

I highly recommend any of you New Yorkers to rediscover the Met. Whether it is the Greek and Roman sculptures or the Tribal Art sections. There are so many treasures in the museum 

No comments:

Post a Comment